Thursday, May 28, 2009

Catching Smiles

 

Things have been busier than usual at the Flamingo Residence. I guess it usually is in the summer... as a former teacher I've been using my summers to do things I've wanted to do. I went volunteered at camps, taught VBS, worked occasionally at an old job, wrote a manuscript (that I keep saying I'm going to get back to someday) and spent lots of time in bookstores and drinking coffee.

This summer is obviously different. Baby Flamingo doesn't have the interest in the books yet, she does however enjoy the overhead lights at our local shop, so she can get a little fussy with me if we spend too much time looking for new things to read. Thank God I'm already very proficient at Amazon.com and how to request books at the library. But, we have been going to playgroups, end of the school year parties, end of the year plays, doctors appointments, hair appointments (for me, she doesn't have that much hair yet) and of course walks through our local park.

The most exciting thing to happen so far this summer is BF's new trick- she smiles. Now, I do typically have to coax it out of her with a strange high pitched voice, but when I do get them it is the most magical feeling ever.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. i just found your blog via dana's and i am so glad. he he......

    your title is so funny! i didnt know you were staying at home. girl welcome to the club! ha ha. your post on breastfeeding brought back sooo many memories. :) i totally did ALL the things you did. i even took the regalin...um like a total of 12 a day... insanity! baby is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete