Monday, June 1, 2009

Belkis and an Unrelated Note

We here at Flamingos Three have a super woman in our midst. I wish I could say it was me, but alas it is not. About a year and a half ago I was given the fortune of finding Belkis, our AMAZING housekeeper. She comes once a week (and sometimes more just to visit) and makes my house presentable. She cleans every surface, does my laundry, puts it away and even empties my diaper genie. It's a miraculous thing.

Belkis has been with us through our entire pregnancy, she was actually one of the first to know (before Nana Flamingo even, she found the pregnancy test in the bathroom) and gave us a dozen roses to tell us how happy she was. Since Baby Flamingo has been home she's been such a help! Last Monday (that's right she still worked on Memorial Day) she fed BF so I could do some other things around the house. Today she got her to sleep for her morning nap. BF is not one to want to sleep in her crib during the day- she thinks that's what I'm for, but Belkis the magician got her down so I could type this post.

On a totally unrelated note- I'm heading out in a few minutes for my cardiology appointment. We're praying for a completely normal heart with a completely normal ejection fraction so that we can hopefully give BF a sibling to terrorize sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment